Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Travel Tuesdays: Trip to Subic, Olongapo City



I have made a few distant travels within the country. And one of that was the trip to Subic, Olongapo City. Aside from the fact that it was my first time to go there, it was unforgetable because of two reasons. One is:




1. It is an EB with Mitch, an online friend friend for seven years. First met her at a forum site. She was an OFW working in Bahrain while I was in China. Feeling the "missing pinas" bug, we tried to find pinoy connection online and thus that ended up in Kuro. She was still single when we met, actually engaged already, and when I made this trip, she already have two lovely girls.




~~ With Derelle and Mitch. Derelle is the first Kuro baby. ~~


~~ With Mel, another Kuro kapatid. ~~


Thanks to Mel, we traveled together to Subic just to have this EB.

We did not have much time to go around the city. It was even a rainy day thus we did not go to the beach. Mel and company went back that late afternoon while I stayed for the night.

The next day, Mitch sent me off at a bus stop so that allowed me to have glimpse of the city, so here are some landmarks that i took:




~~ The Rotunda. ~~


~~ Arlene's Inn ~~

I find this building interesting because it stood between narrow roads. So i personally call it a junction inn.


To me, these two places are visible landmarks that if I ever travel alone to Olongapo to Mitch, house, I can still make it. After getting off at this bus station, I will go and take a colored trike that will go to Sta. Rita. There is one color that is routed to Sta. Rita. I forgot it now but i know if i will see one, I will surely remember it.

2. Second reason why this Olongapo Trip was unforgetable, it's because this allows me to meet my son @ SM Pampanga after not seeing each other for nine years:


Circumstances does not allow me to be with him daily since August 2000. We met once the next year after that but he cannot recognize me. But this time, when we met, he was already big enough to recognize that am his mom. (after of course introducing myself to him) lol!

Unforgetable trip, indeed!



Linked with:

8 comments:

  1. interesting post sis! wish to visit Subic too! was here for TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you really had a great time...has not been here.. wish one day.. makapasyal din :) was here for TT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Subic...sounds like an interesting place to visit.

    Here's visiting late for TT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's been a long time since I visited Subic..i missed the place.

    was here fo5r TT..hope u could visit back

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've been there once...subic is a nice place...hope to be back...

    visiting from TT...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ka-nice oi kay eyeball man jud! I have yet to step foot on that place. i hope someday! :D

    Visiting late for TT. My share is My FIRST HOP in LAS VEGAS. Hope you can stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is, indeed amazing that we can find friends online and meet in person and continue to be friends. You both are blessed.

    Anyways, thanks for joining last week's meme, sis. This week, we are still on travel photos of places:

    http://www.thetraveldiva.info/2011/07/25/tuesday-travels-photos-garden-of-the-gods/

    Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Long travel for the sake of friendship, I love it! I first read of this post from Mitch's blog. Ngayon ko lang narealize na ikaw pala yun.

    Visiting via Tuesday Travels. Here's my entry: La Mesa Ecopark

    ReplyDelete

Everybody loves comments so I thank you for leaving me some linky love. God bless you all! ^^8^^